Home » Services & Support » Printing/Copying/Computing
The library has a student computer lab on the Main Floor with PCs and Macs along with four PCs on the Mezzanine and three PCs on the Top Floor.
- These computers are loaded with software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Design Premium CS 5 Suite, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, SPSS, and other academic applications. Applications may vary for PCs or Macs. Please ask library staff if you have any questions.
The library has several printers:
- Printers A, B, & C — All in One machines for printing, copying, and scanning
- Printers A & B — Color printers
- Printers C, D, & E — B&W printers
All of our printers are located on the Main Floor of the Library across from the Information Desk.
- Students, Faculty and Staff are given $75 of printing credit per semester in their PaperCut printing account.
- B&W prints are .10/page; Color prints are .25/page. A .05/page discount is applied to double-sided print jobs. Save paper, money, and the world by choosing to print double-sided!
How does it work?
- Each time you print from our computers, you will be prompted to enter your MyWhittier username and password in the PaperCut client. Next, release your documents from one of the Print Release Stations on the Main Floor of the Library or by logging in to Printers A, B, & C. Use your MyWhittier username/password or your Whittier ID card to release your job. Your print jobs will be held in a release queue for 30 minutes.
- Want to print in color? Choose Printer A or B.
- Want to print from your laptop? Use Web Print. Log in with your MyWhittier account information. Click the "Web Print" link on the left-hand side of the page. Ask staff for additional help. Please note: Web Print only works on-campus.
- Printers A, B, & C can be used as copiers.
- You need to use your MyWhittier account to access Printers A, B, & C. You may also use your Whittier ID card to login to Printers A, B, & C. Charges are automatically deducted from your printing account every time you copy. B&W prints are .10/page; Color prints are .25/page.
- Printers A, B, & C can be used for scanning. Each of these devices can scan color documents. However, Printer C can only print in (B&W). You can scan documents or photos and have them emailed to any email account or saved to a USB drive. Use your MyWhittier account or ID card to access scanning functions. Scanning your documents and saving them electronically is free and helps save paper!
The Scanpro Microfilm/Fiche digital scanner is located across from the Information Desk.
Microfilm cabinets containing the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Whittier Daily News, Quaker Campus, some journals, and other specialized items, are located on the top floor of the library.
There are computers available on the Main Floor for general use. There is a copy machine located on the southeast corner of the Main Floor of the Library, Black and White copy is .10 per page, cash only.