Home » General » Find a Study Space
The Wardman Library offers students a variety of spaces to meet your study needs.
Wardman Library's Top Floor is our designated "quiet floor." We have several long tables as well as individual study carrels on the Top Floor. Study carrels provide individuals with private workspaces, each complete with AC power and desk lights. Headphones are also available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Located on the Mezzanine and Top Floor, Wardman Library’s study rooms are great locations to brainstorm, share ideas, and work in groups. All study rooms have whiteboards and some are equipped with HD displays. Dry erase markers and erasers are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Starting in the Fall 2015 semester, all eleven group study rooms will be available for check out at the Circulation Desk. Patrons who check out a study room will be able to use the room for up to four hours. While patrons may temporarily use a room without checking it out, they will be asked to leave if another party checks out the room. Therefore, we encourage any group to check out a study room if they wish to use one.
Study Room Policies
A group study room may be checked out for up to four hours. The check out card must be returned to the Circulation Desk by the time due. Fines are assessed at $1.00 each hour when the checkout card is not returned on time.
- Check out is limited to currently enrolled Whittier College students. Whittier College students may use the rooms when not in use, but must vacate the room for users who have checked out the room.
- Only current Whittier College IDs may be used to check out study rooms.
- Check out cards must be posted on the hook on window.
- Users may not move tables and chairs into or remove them from a study room.
- Study rooms are not soundproof, conversations can be heard outside the rooms. Users need to maintain a study/work environment that does not disturb others in the Library.
- Users are responsible for personal property. Do not leave items unattended. The Library is not liable for loss or damage to personal property.
- Users of the study rooms are responsible for leaving the room in a neat and orderly condition. This includes turning off equipment, erasing the whiteboard, and disposing of food/drink.
- Disruptive or threatening behavior and vandalism may result in expulsion from a study room.
Violation of these or other applicable Library or college policies may result in temporary or permanent suspension of access to Library study rooms.
Late Night Study Area
Whittier College students are welcome to study after the Library closes in the Late Night Study Area, located on the ground floor of the Library. Current Whittier College student IDs are required for entry. PCs, printing, study carrels, couches, rest rooms and vending machines are available.
To promote a safe and secure environment, Campus Safety regularly patrols the area. Please call Campus Safety, ext. 4211, if you need after hours assistance.
Food and Drink
The Wardman Library allows students to enjoy food and beverages within the building. However, please clean up after yourself, and notify staff if you see spilled drinks or food in the Library.